Friday, October 14, 2011

Scenes of Yssingeaux

Here are pictures of some of the walks I took and the food I ate the in the past few days:

Yesterday we went to the Thursday market as usual to do our shopping. We tried new pastries, especially the pink one in the back. We have seen it around town in huge loaves for a few weeks now, but we've been afraid to try seriously hot pink food. It is a praline loaf (I think candied hazelnuts) and it is the perfect breakfast snack. It is not too sweet, and it has just the right amount of pull. We also had brioche cinnamon rolls and an allumette.

Here are the rolling hills on our walk to the grocery store in the perfect evening light:


Here is my snack yesterday during class; I made couveture hot chocolate and we ate eclairs. YUM! PS, I have gained no weight because we have to walk everywhere, so I am consuming an inordinate amount of butter and pastry and quite happy.

Here is what are instructions during class look like when our chef gets carried away with his drawings:

And last, potentially my favorite, is the view out my kitchen window:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos and the blog Emily! I love to colorful language you use to describe the experiences. It makes me feel like I'm in 6th grade again, trying all the French pastries for the first time! Keep sharing, looks like you're having a blast. Nate

    ReplyDelete