Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Buffet Week 4


Friday we put together our last final with Chef Josh. It was composed mostly of the tarts we have been working on all week, along with sugar sculptures from another class and a few other odds and ends.


My final passion fruit tart deconstructed: Layers of shortbread crust, almond cream, and passion fruit cremeaux make up the interior. It is colored using a spray gun. Then, it has a sugar spiral on top, five passion fruit seeds, and a spoon with currents for decoration.

My pistachio apricot tart includes a shortbread crust, pistachio almond cream dotted with apricots, and a pistachio crème brulee covered in spray chocolate. The décor is candied pistachio nuts, a sugar flower with a carmelized apricot, and choclate dots.

My pistachio macaroon raspberry tart with chocolate décor has citron tarts on the left and strawberry cream tarts on the right.

Chef made us cinnamon rolls as a treat for all of our good work. Every once and a while pastry chefs need a reward that they haven’t made! These were so good they did not even need cream cheese frosting, which is the reason I eat cinnamon rolls in the first place.

We started making ice cream, and here are the twelve vanilla beans we used for ONE recipe. It is basically a dowry if we lived in any other time. I have never seeded so many beans in my life.

Oh, and one last thing. I hate to brag, but I am so pleased that it overwhelms any guilt I might have. Here are the raspberry bonbons I made for our midterm. And, the note that the director of the entire school left on the side of my bonbons. No one else got a “very nice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment