Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Creation of an Entremet


So, you all have seen photos of my entremet along the way. It was our final project, and we had 3 test runs, one final, and 3 periods of research and comments. I do not really enjoy making entremets, but I do feel I learned more than I thought I would from this experience. In review, here are the first two practices. The fillings and techniques changed each time, and the décor some.



Here are all of the decorations for my final:

And, voila! Here is the final!




It has a base on an almond sugar cookie, orange Bavarian cream spiked with cointreau and orange zet, a spiced cranberry insert flavored with anise, clove, and cinnamon stick. It is covered in a white chocolate glaze and it is decorated with chocolate curls, candied oranges, cinnamon, ansie, and chocolate disks. The chocolate disks have a cocoa butter transfer sheet with cranberry colored leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment